Free medical advice service for Qantas Super members
One of the most difficult things about being diagnosed with a medical condition is identifying how and where to find the best medical advice.
As a result of our insurance partnership with MLC, we can offer you access to leading medical advice through a new benefit called Best Doctors. Best Doctors has a unique global database containing some of the world’s leading medical minds, and they can connect you with those specialists to ensure you have the right diagnosis and most appropriate treatment plan. This service is available to you, your partner, your children (including step children), your parents and your parents-in-law.
Best of all, it’s free!
Founded by Harvard Medical School physicians in 1989, Best Doctors now has access to more than 50,000 leading international specialists, all of whom have been nominated by their peers as a leader in their field. (They cannot pay to be part of the selection, nor can they nominate themselves.)
Best Doctors provides services for almost all medical conditions, including back pain and sports injuries to chronic diseases and life-threatening illnesses. Best Doctors does not provide services for emergencies, pregnancy or mental health.
Best Doctors will help you:
- Confirm a diagnosis or treatment plan through an expert review of your medical records
- Get answers to your medical questions from a world-leading expert
- Get quick answers to basic medical questions from Australian General Practitioners
- It does not replace your relationship with your doctor or specialist.
When you call Best Doctors you’ll be connected with one of their medical team who will work with you to understand your condition and what your concerns are. They’ll then collect your medical records, assign the most appropriate specialist from around the world and perform an in-depth review of your condition. You’ll then receive an easy to read expert report that outlines the expert findings on your diagnosis and treatment options.
Call Best Doctors on 1800 388 097 (within Australia only).
You can also register online. To do this, follow these steps:
- Visit www.askbestdoctors.com/aus
- Click on Register.
- Under Insurer, type in MLC.
- This will bring up a box titled ‘Company product’. Select ‘Qantas Super’.
- Enter the name of employer as ‘Qantas Group’.
- Then click ‘Go to the next step’.
- Complete your first name, last name, gender, email, phone, create a user name and password.
- Once you’ve completed this process, you’ll be able to log in and navigate around the site to see what’s available.
- Each time you revisit the site, simply log in.
If you have any questions about this process, you can call Best Doctors on
1800 388 097.