MySuper product dashboard
The product dashboard – Glidepath (through Gateway)
This product dashboard is designed to help you better understand the returns, fees and level of risk of the Glidepath investment option within Qantas Super Gateway (Gateway). Gateway is our default division; Glidepath is Gateway’s default investment option and, as such, is our MySuper offer.
You can also use the product dashboard to help you compare our MySuper offer (Glidepath through Gateway) with investment options offered by other super funds.
Please note the returns, fees and costs included in the product dashboard are for a representative member with a balance of $50,000 who does not incur any activity fees.
|2017/2018||Investment stages of Glidepath|
|Return target1||CPI + 4.3% pa||CPI + 3.6% pa||CPI + 3.3% pa||CPI + 2.8% pa|
(for year ended 30 June 2017)
|Comparison between return target and return3|
|Level of investment risk4||Medium to high
The estimated number of negative annual returns over any 20 year period is 3.9 years.
|Medium to high
The estimated number of negative annual returns over any 20 year period is 3.4 years.
|Medium to high
The estimated number of negative annual returns over any 20 year period is 3.1 years.
The estimated number of negative annual returns over any 20 year period is 2.7 years.
|Statement of fees and other costs5||Fees and costs for a Gateway member with a $50,000 balance.|
|$522 pa||$507 pa||$492 pa||$472 pa|
- Return target – This is the mean annualised estimate of the percentage rate of net return for a representative member invested in one of the Glidepath investment stages above the growth in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) over the next 10 years, from 1 July 2017. This return target is for the 10 years to 30 June 2027, and is net of investment and administration fees and costs, and taxes. The return target differs from that stated in the Gateway Product Disclosure Statement, which is net of investment fees and taxes only. It is not a prediction of future returns, which cannot be guaranteed.
- Return – This figure is calculated for the financial year from 30 June 2016 to 30 June 2017 and is net of all fees, costs and taxes. Glidepath commenced on 1 October 2015. Accordingly, a 10 year average annual return for the Glidepath investment stages is not available. The 10 year average annual returns will be provided once available.
- Comparison between return target and return – The return targets for the Take-Off, Altitude, Cruising and Destination investment stages in Glidepath for the period 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017 were 6.0%, 5.4%, 5.1% and 4.6% respectively. The comparison is the difference between the actual return and the return target for each investment stage for the period 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017.
- Level of investment risk – Represents the estimated number of years in a 20 year period that a negative net investment return will be incurred. The stated level of risk is based on the Standard Risk Measure (SRM). The SRM is a standard industry guidance to help you compare the risk of each of the Glidepath investment stages with investment options offered by other super funds. The higher the expected return target, the more often you would expect a year of negative returns.
- Statement of fees and other costs – Represents the dollar amount of fees and other costs paid annually by a representative Gateway member with a balance of $50,000 in each of the Glidepath investment stages for the 2017/2018 financial year, excluding any investment gains or losses on the account balance and assuming that no activity fees are incurred. The amount also takes into account the estimated investment fees, including the maximum estimated performance fees, for the 2017/2018 financial year.