Join Qantas Super for your chance to win 120,000 Qantas Points
Simply complete the form below, we’ll get cracking to set up your account and you’ll go in the draw to win 120,000 Qantas Points.
Reasons to join
A fund run for you
We’re a not-for-profit super fund that exists entirely for the benefit of members. This means your fees go straight back into providing great products and services to you.
You’re part of a Gold fund
We’re a gold rated "good value for money super fund" as assessed by independent ratings agency, SuperRatings.
You have a voice
You help choose Directors on the Qantas Super Board, who make decisions about how Qantas Super is run. You can even run yourself!
Super with perks
Tap into Best Doctors, a unique medical advice service, that’s free to you and your family. Plus get discounts on cruises and retirement coaching.
Check out all the other reasons it’s great being a member of Qantas Super.
Important things to consider
Before moving super, check whether the other fund charges an exit or withdrawal fee and if any benefits like insurance will be affected. If you need help with making a decision about your super, we can put you in touch with a financial adviser. Simple super advice over the phone is included as a part of your membership so there’s no extra cost.
How to enter
To receive an automatic entry into the draw, eligible participants must submit a valid application to join Qantas Super, within the period specified in these terms and conditions. Only one entry is permitted per person throughout the promotional period detailed in these terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions of entry. Entry in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Qantas Superannuation Limited (QSL, trustee) ABN 47 003 806 960 of Level 2, 10 Bourke Rd, Mascot, NSW 2020 (telephone number 1300 362 967, 8am to 7pm AEST Monday to Friday) (Promoter). QSL is the trustee of Qantas Superannuation Limited (Qantas Super, the Plan).
- All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated.
- The promotion commences at 12.01am on 1 May 2018. Entries close at 11.59pm on 30 June 2018 (Promotion Period). Qantas Super must receive applications by the end of the Promotion Period.
- Entry is only open to current Qantas Group employees who are eligible to join Qantas Super, and who are based in Australia (Eligible Entrants). However, entry is not open to: directors, management and employees of the Promoter; directors and executive committee members of Qantas Airways Limited (QAL); QAL employees seconded to the Promoter; and the immediate families of all those who are not eligible. Immediate family members include any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild, parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, step-sister or first cousin. Persons under the age of 18 years must seek permission to enter the competition from a parent or guardian.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- To participate, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, submit a valid ‘Choice of superannuation fund’ form, link available at qantassuper.com.au/Join. Eligible Entrants must provide accurate information as requested by the form, read and accept the Terms and Conditions for the ‘Join Qantas Super’ promotion, acknowledge they have considered the implications of joining Qantas Super, and submit their entry to be automatically entered into the draw.
- There will be two prizes of 120,000 Qantas Points each.
- The maximum notional value of each prize is $3,434.33, and the maximum notional value of the total prize pool value is $6,868.66, based on a sample of the Qantas Frequent Flyer reward options (Awards and Rewards) that could be obtained by redeeming the prize through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program (as more fully defined in the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms) as at 7 March 2018.
- The estimate of the maximum notional value of each prize is provided for the purposes of information only. The maximum notional value of each prize will vary depending on how the prizes are redeemed by each winner through the Qantas Frequent Flyer program. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of each prize.
- Winners must be Qantas Frequent Flyer members. If they are not, membership will form part of the prize. Membership and points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions.
- This is a game of chance and the prize winners will be randomly selected through an automatic draw. The draw will take place by Mike Da Silva & Associates (Aust) Pty Ltd (‘MDSA’) at 40 Yeo Street, Neutral Bay NSW 2089, on 20 July 2018 at 2.00pm AEST. The winners will be notified via their preferred email address and/or mobile (as supplied by them during this promotion) and the winners’ names will be published on the Qantas Super website, qantassuper.com.au, on 27 July 2018, for a minimum of 28 days.
- Only one entry is permitted per person throughout the promotional period.
- The Promoter is not liable for misuse of the prize.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize must be claimed by 5.00pm on 20 October 2018. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner does not claim the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited without compensation.
- If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion (subject to the relevant State Authorities that have granted the licence), reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- A redraw for the prize, if unclaimed, may take place on 2 November 2018 at the same time and place as the original draw. The winner will be notified via email and phone, and the winner’s name will be published on the Qantas Super website, qantassuper.com.au on 9 November 2018, for a minimum of 28 days.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including but not limited to its officers, directors, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winners may be required to sign any legal documentation as, and in the form, required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winners otherwise notify the Promoter at the time of accepting their prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement. Visit www.qantassuper.com.au to obtain a copy.
Authorised under NSW Permit Number LTPS/18/23468, ACT TP18/00639 & SA Licence No. T18/561. These Terms and conditions have been prepared by Qantas Superannuation Limited ABN 47 003 806 960 AFSL 288330 as trustee for the Qantas Superannuation Plan ABN 41 272 198 829 (Qantas Super).