In Group D? By now you should have received a letter from us about the call for nominations for a Director from Group D. Members in this group are Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers; Transport Workers; Technical Salaried Employees and Airline Officers’ Award Levels 1 – 4; and Nurses.
The current Group D Director is Kash Gillies, whose four-year term ends on 22 October 2017. Kash has diligently served on the Qantas Super Board for the past 15 years and is not standing for re-election.
So, if you’re interested in helping to steer the direction of your super fund, then please read the letter we sent to you. We must receive your completed nomination, together with supporting documents, by 4pm (AEST) on Friday, 15 September 2017.
What do the Directors do?
The Directors make sure that Qantas Super is run and managed properly on behalf of all Members by monitoring and interacting with the Executive Office and Management Team and through regular Board and Committee meetings. The current Directors are:
Directors elected by Members:
- Group A: Mark Thorpe, A330 First Officer
- Group B: Bruce Roberts, Supervisor Customer Service
- Group C: John Sipek, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Group D: Kash Gillies Senior Leading Aircraft Mechanical Engineer (your group)
- Group E: Greg Manning, Group Treasurer
Directors appointed by Qantas:
- Anne Ward, Non-executive Director
- Paul Costello, Non-executive Director
- Cecilia Ho, Treasurer Risk Management
- Andrew Monaghan, Executive Manager Employee Relations
- Rachel Yangoyan, Executive Manager Loyalty Services
Who classifies members into the various groups?
Qantas Airways Limited classifies members into groups based on occupation.
Please take the time to read your letter as it contains important information about what’s involved, and how to nominate. If you’re considering applying and would like more information, please send an email to Neil Simpson, Company Secretary.