Moving on from a job can mean a lot of changes, but wherever life takes you next, you can rest assured that Qantas Super will be right by your side.
That’s because Qantas Super was created to look after the super savings of the Qantas family. So you can stay with a fund that gets who you are, and where you’ve come from.
What happens to my Qantas Super account?
What happens if I'm already in Gateway?
What happens if I'm in another Division?
- You’ll get a brand new account in Qantas Super’s Gateway Division, and your super balance will transferred into this account. This will happen after we receive your last contribution and information about your employment from payroll, which may take up to eight weeks. If you would like to check up on how this process is tracking, you can reach out to People Services
- The opening of your account in Gateway will be backdated effective the day you left employment at Qantas Group
- You’ll get a new PIN to log into your new account
- Fees and costs for Gateway will apply
- Your super will be invested in the investment options you’ve already chosen. If you haven’t chosen an option, your super will be invested in the default option for Gateway. And if you’re in a defined benefit division, you’ll now be able to choose your investment option for all your super
- You can change your investment option at any time – and you’ll have access to the same investment options as you do now
- The dollar amount of insurance cover you have for death and total and permanent disablement will carry across. Your income protection cover stops.
- Insurance premiums for Gateway will apply to your insurance cover. Some of you don’t currently pay insurance premiums or you may only pay a portion, so it’s important to check the cost
- The people you’ve nominated as your beneficiaries will carry across to your new account
What do I need to do if I'm getting another job?
If you’re moving on to a new employer, Qantas Super will be right there with you. As you get set up at your new job, here are some quick things you can do to make sure your super is on track:
What do I need to know if I'm retiring?
If you’re ready to retire and want to start accessing your super, you may want to consider opening aGold-rated Qantas Super income account.
With our income account you can:
1. Tax applies to investment earnings for income accounts for transition to retirement members. 2. Russell Investments: ‘The 10/30/60 Rule’, January, 2015. 3. Conditions apply. Minimum and maximum drawdown limits apply.
Important things to consider before retirement:
Our exclusive member benefits
Even if you leave your role at Qantas Group, you can still enjoy the same Qantas Super member benefits that you know and love. These include:
*For the years 2013-2020. SuperRatings is an independent research organisation. SuperRatings does not issue, sell, guarantee or underwrite this product. Visit their website for details of its ratings criteria.
We're here to help
If you want to learn more or need help with making a decision about your super, you can get simple advice over the phone or face to face. It’s included as a part of your membership so there’s no extra cost.